The Allan Handelman Show
For August 16, 2015
The Allan Handelman Show deals with all issues relevant to the Rock Culture, not just music. Rock Stars, newsmakers, pop culture icons and always the most amazing people in the world. Hear all sides of the story and listen to a variety of media. Then, make up your own mind. It's the Talk Show for people who don't even listen to talk shows.
Follow me on Twitter and visit my YouTube channel!
Visit my All Rock 'N' Roll Facebook show page and my Facebook page for Longtime Listeners & Friends
Attention online listeners:
- Affiliate radio Stations air the weekend show (ROCK TALK) at different times throughout the weekend. To make things easier for our WEEKEND STREAMING LISTENERS, we now stream continuously from 6pm Sunday to 10am Monday (ET) on USTREAM and host recent archives of the show there.
- Another great way to hear the show is with the free TuneIn App for your tablet or Smartphone. Just go to your favorite App Store and download. For a couple of dollars you can get the Pro version that allows you to record the show. Very cool.
- You can also find older podcasts of theAllan Handelman Show from over seven years of daily afternoon shows (4p-7p) on FM Talk WZTK. Plus this is where to hear the "Sunday Night" shows from most of the last 7 years up till March 2012 (Rock Talk with Allan Handelman)
- We hope this makes things a little more convenient than just offering two different airing times.
Among the guests and topics on this week's show:
- Vincent Genna: A world-renowned psychic medium and healer, respected spiritual teacher. Vincent's readings uncover the heart of whatever is holding you back in life and provide actionable solutions so that you can ‘stop stopping yourself.' Vincent transcended a youth of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse, and for the past 29 years he has dedicated all his talents to inspire people to believe in themselves so they can use all their gifts to fulfill their dreams! www.vincentgenna.com
- James Ford Murphy: He began working as an animator on "A Bug's Life," "Toy Story 2," and the Academy Award®-winning features, "Monsters, Inc.," "Finding Nemo," "The Incredibles," and "Ratatouille." Murphy served as supervising animator for the Academy Award®-winning short film, "For the Birds," and was the directing animator on the Golden Globe®-winning feature, "Cars." Most recently, Murphy made his directing debut with the short film, "LAVA," which screens with the Disney•Pixar feature film, "Inside Out." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f4BpGbVnDk
A note from Vincent Genna, Master Psychic Medium…
"I believe that my true mission and purpose in this life is to use my gifts to heal lives and help people believe in and love themselves so they can see their Divine magnificence and fulfill the dreams they want. My childhood was less than ideal, but I experienced a spiritual epiphany along the way. I obtained a BA in Psychology and an MS in Social Work so that I could become a licensed psychotherapist and life coach for individuals, couples, and families.
I use my experiences and innate abilities to help individuals of all ages explore their consciousness and experience deep personal spiritual growth. I have studied with well-known spiritual masters and enlightened leaders and continue to learn and grow so that I may pursue my mission to help others. I have also gained tremendous insight as a Hospice Clinical Social Worker, helping more than 500 patients peacefully transition through their dying process, while comforting and supporting their families and friends.
My childhood was traumatic and painful; I experienced physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and did not have positive role models to encourage self-belief. I left home and became a professional actor and singer, performing in various major movie, television, and theatre productions over a 30+ year period. Because of my childhood, I was very aware of others thoughts and feelings. I took every opportunity to encour
age self-belief in the children, adolescents, and adults that I met.
At the age of 28, I experienced a profound spiritual awakening after a series of paranormal events that altered my entire life and destiny. With Divine guidance, I developed extraordinary paranormal. I let go of the need to be a full-time actor and began to pursue my true mission as a spiritual teacher, intuitive messenger, and healer.
I am living the life I came here to live – one where I can use my gift to help others in need. I hope you will allow me to be your companion in awakening, in-tuning to your soul, God, and the Universe to obtain guiding messages to help you fully clarify and heal concerns of body, mind, and spirit."
James Ford Murphy
Pixar Animation Studios
James Ford Murphy joined Pixar Animation Studios in 1996. He began working as an animator on "A Bug's Life," "Toy Story 2," and the Academy Award®-winning features, "Monsters, Inc.," "Finding Nemo," "The Incredibles," and "Ratatouille." Murphy served as supervising animator for the Academy Award®-winning short film, "For the Birds," and was the directing animator on the Golden Globe®-winning feature, "Cars." For the next five years, Murphy acted as the Director of Creative Artists, where he oversaw Animation, Art, and Story across the studio. Most recently, Murphy made his directing debut with the short film, "LAVA," which will screen in front of the Disney•Pixar feature film, "Inside Out," in 2015.
- To date, the "LAVA" track has sold more than 73,000 digital singles and is #1 on Spotify's Global Viral chart.
- Song peaked at #2 on the iTunes Soundtrack Songs chart and is #3 on Amazon's Soundtracks chart.
- Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, "LAVA" is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years. Director Jim Murphy wrote the lyrics and plays the ukulele in the short. The short features the theme performed by Kuana Torres Kahele (Uku & Narrator) and Napua Greig (Lele).
Prior to Pixar, Murphy worked as Animation Director at Sierra-On-Line and as Animator/Director at Calabash Animation where he animated several commercials, including Little Caesar's "Pizza, Pizza" series. He also was an Art Director at Jockey International where he was responsible for all print advertising for Jockey underwear.
WW's Behind the Scenes of "LAVA" feature: